Watch The Demo Here:
Grilled Portobello Pesto Mini “Pizza”
What You’ll Need –
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- Extra-virgin coconut or olive oil
- 6 tablespoons basil pesto (homemade or pre-made – Here’s a good version)
- 2 slices Italian prosciutto
- 1 ball buffalo mozzarella, cut into 1⁄4-to 1⁄2-inch-thick slices, like BUF Creamery
- Sea salt, preferably iodized, to taste
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
What To Do –
- Set one burner of a gas grill to high, or place a grill pan on the stove with the burner set to medium-high heat.
- Rub the cap side of the mushrooms with oil, place on the grill or grill pan cap side up, and grill for about 5 minutes, until the caps begin to brown slightly.
- Flip over and grill, gill side up, for another 5 minutes. Remove the mushrooms from the grill or burner. Leave the heat on.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of pesto onto the gill side of one mushroom, add 1 slice prosciutto, arranging it to fit neatly in the gill cup, and then top with half the mozzarella slices. Repeat with the other mushroom.
- Return the grill pan to the stove top for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
So, enjoy the sensation of eating America’s favorite food, without committing a single crime against your body! This is portobello pesto mini pizza is lectin-free and guilt-free.
Want help stocking your pantry with Gundry-approved foods? Visit the online grocery shop for Dr. G’s personally curated products for the lectin-free lifestyle. Click the image to shop now:
1. Gittner, Lisaann Schelli. “From Farm To Fat Kids: The Intersection Of Agricultural And Health Policy”. Etd.ohiolink.edu. N.p., 2017. Web. 15 May 2017.