Indulgence is part of human nature. And you should be able to indulge in something decadent when you crave it. But knowing what to indulge in can keep you on track and feeling better in the long run. So, what do you crave? How about this lectin free bread mix recipe for a rolled hazelnut babka.
Today, Gundry MD has an amazing recipe to share with you. The dark chocolate chips, cinnamon, and coconut oil make this treat special. It will definitely satisfy your chocolate cravings — and then some.
Do bakers have more fun than chefs? Maybe. Try this brand new Gundry MD lectin free bread mix recipe: Rolled Hazelnut Babka. Your taste buds will thank you.
Rolled Hazelnut Babka
You definitely want to serve this rolled hazelnut babka for a special occasion like a birthday party or a lazy Sunday morning with your coffee or tea. When served warm, the chocolate is gooey and oh-so-satisfying. Are you ready to get baking?
What You’ll Need:
- 10 oz lectin free bread mix
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar replacement such as Swerve
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 4 omega-3 eggs(whole)*
- 2 omega-3 egg whites*
- 1/2 cup French or Italian butter, unsalted, melted
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup organic cream cheese
- 1/3 cup organic heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar-free dark chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar replacement
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup roasted, chopped hazelnuts
- 1 omega-3 egg, whole
- 2 Tbsp water
What To Do:
For The Dough
- Combine all bread dough ingredients together until a homogeneous dough is formed. Allow the dough to rest for about 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out dough on a piece of parchment paper until about 1/2″ thick.
For The Chocolate Hazelnut Filling
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the cream cheese, chocolate, and coconut oil.
- Microwave on high for 45 — 60 seconds (or until the chocolate is completely melted).
- Next, add your remaining chocolate filling ingredients. Mix until all of the ingredients are well-combined.
- Allow mixture to cool at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Spread cooled mixture evenly onto the sheeted dough. Starting at one end, very carefully roll the dough into a log shape, so that the chocolate filling is on the inside.
- Make your egg wash in a small bowl or cup.
- Place your rolled dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Lightly brush it with your egg wash.
- Bake: 375F for 18 — 22 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
It’s Babka Time
In the end, this recipe will delight your health-minded friends and family. This babka is so dense, you’ll think you’re eating a fresh-baked cake from your favorite artisan bakery. And again, if you dip it in coffee or tea — you’re in for a taste sensation.
So grab your apron and fire up your oven. This lectin free babka is sure to take the cake. And happy lectin free baking.