It’s the most wonderful time of the year. And it’s easy to think you have to skip out on holiday treats if you’re sticking to a lectin-free diet, but you don’t. That’s why we came up with these warm, soft, and yummy winter cookie wonders!
Seriously, Dr. Gundry’s spicy ginger gluten-free cookie recipe is just right for the holiday season.
Whether you’re hosting a party or leaving a healthy dessert out for Santa, these gingersnap-inspired sweets are spicy and super-flavorful.
So check out the recipe below (or click here to bake along with the video) to warm your kitchen and tummy with these good-for-you, great-tasting, gingery cookies.
Spicy Ginger Cookies Recipe
What You Need –
- ¼ cup unsalted grass-fed French, Italian or buffalo milk butter (or coconut oil), melted
- 1 cup erythritol (like Swerve)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
What To Do –
1. First, preheat your oven to 350F.
2. Then, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, ginger (fresh and dry), nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice in a large bowl. Set the mixture aside.
3. Next – in a measuring cup – whisk together the butter, erythritol, egg, and vanilla extract.
4. Add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients, and mix until they’re all well combined.
5. Line your sheet tray in parchment. Then, spoon out little tablespoon-sized cookie balls onto the tray. Place it in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until set.
6. Finally, let your cookies cool to room temperature and serve them up!
It’s the Holiday Season
There are so many wonderful traditions that surround the holidays. And so often, the treats you spring for are – to be frank, not that great for you. But you can turn that trend around. Serve these tasty, lectin-free, good-for-you cookies, and you’ll not only be spreading holiday cheer – you’ll be getting your friends and family well on their way to a happy, healthy New Year!
Want help stocking your pantry with Gundry-approved foods? Visit the online grocery shop for Dr. G’s personally curated products for the lectin-free lifestyle. Click the image to shop now:
Like this recipe? Try out Dr. Gundry’s other gluten-free, sugar-free cookie recipe!