Now, you probably already know – traditional Christmas cookies are terrible for your gut…and your waistline.
But, missing out on Christmas cookies is no fun! Which is exactly why you should try this incredible lectin-free sugar cookie recipe – the Gundry way.
They’ve got the same classic flavors as Christmas cookies – citrus zest and almond extract – but without the lectins or gut bombs, like wheat flour, sugar, or A1 butter.
By making simple swaps like using French, Italian, goat, or buffalo butter instead of regular, stevia instead of sugar, and protein-rich blanched almond meal instead of flour, you can enjoy Christmas cookies…without stressing about your health! Do almonds have lectins?
Dr G’s Gluten-Free Sugar Cookie Recipe
Ingredients (Makes 12-15):
- ½ cup (1 stick) melted French, Italian, goat, or buffalo butter
- 2 teaspoons powdered Stevia
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pastured or omega-3 egg
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 2 cups blanched almond meal from skinned almonds
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Oil a cookie sheet (or line it with parchment) and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, egg, vanilla and almond extracts, stevia and orange zest.
3. Add almond meal and sea salt and mix to combine well.
4. Scoop into tablespoon-sized balls (the size of half a golf ball), about 12 per cookie sheet.
5. Freeze for at least 15 minutes, then bake at 325 for 6 minutes. Flatten with spatula or fork and bake an additional 5 – 7 minutes. Let cool, then serve.
Wishing you a healthy, happy holiday!