When it comes to the latest discoveries in the beauty and anti-aging world, trifluoroacetyl tripeptide 2 has been making quite a stir. Of course, trifluoroacetyl tripeptide 2 is kind of a mouthful – so, let’s just call it one of the most potent components of progeline from here on out.
Now, progeline is one of the great defenders against the visible signs of aging. In fact, it’s becoming quite famous for helping to…
Prevent sagging skin (Believe it or not, yam cream for saggy skin works well too.)
Reduce the appearance of fine lines
Diminish the look of wrinkles
But, just how does progeline help fight the visible signs of aging?
Well, for starters, progeline helps inhibit the synthesis of progerin.1 What’s progerin? It happens to be one of the proteins partially responsible for causing some of the most annoying and unsightly signs of aging.2
Now, in order for your skin to appear smooth and supple, your damaged cells need to constantly repair themselves. Luckily, your body is built to fix itself. But, in a recent study, progerin was shown to interrupt this important tissue repair process which could keep your skin from looking its best.3
That’s where progeline comes to the rescue.
Turns out, there’s one ingredient any trustworthy skincare product needs in order to effectively boost its anti-aging benefits –
Peptides are the molecular chains of amino acids that help your skin produce collagen — a.k.a. the “anti-wrinkle protein”. Collagen is the most abundant protein in your body. In fact, it can be found throughout your skin, bones, nails, your connective tissue, and even your hair. It’s what gives your skin that taut, supple, healthy youthful look.
But, when collagen production slows – a natural occurrence as you age – it can affect the appearance of your skin.
The great news is progeline is a powerful peptide – able to help increase the production of collagen, reduce the look of wrinkles, and diminish the appearance of sagging. Not only that, it plays a vital role in the replacement of your skin’s dead cells.4 In fact, it can contribute to reviving your skin’s strength and elasticity too.
You see, the older you get, the less collagen your body produces.5 So, peptide-rich skincare products are a must. And progeline also regulates some of the components of cell adhesion – the process that binds your cells together.6 Thus, it plays a vital role in:
Maintaining the integrity of your jawline and neck, reducing the sagging and slacking of your skin as you grow older.
Improving your skin’s elasticity and firmness.7,8
Progeline may help renew the jawline and neck
When patients say, “I look older than I really am,” it can be very disconcerting. And one of the most common “trouble spots” is the lower face and neck. In fact, a change in the contour of their jawline is one of the first things aging patients say they notice when they look in the mirror.
The formation of jowls, the degeneration of soft tissue cells, and the sinking in of the chin are all connected to collagen deficiencies. But, progeline could help reduce these signs as well – helping to lift the jawline and renew the youthful look of the neck.
Progeline may help restore the firmness and elasticity of your skin
Of course, healthy collagen levels keep your skin, hair, and nails looking great. But, slower collagen production can take a real toll on your skin’s elasticity and firmness.9
As you add years to your life, your skin gets thinner and less elastic, making it looser and more prone to damage from various environmental factors. This damage often leads to wrinkles, creases, and those unwanted fine lines, sagging and spots.10
So, in addition to using skincare products that contain progeline, you’ll want to eat protein-rich foods to give your skin that extra support.11
And while progeline can help the appearance of these unsightly signs, it might also help make your skin more elastic. In some cases, progeline can even help reduce the chances of further skin damage.
You see, progeline can help block a pancreatic enzyme known as elastase.12 That’s great news, because elastase can actually digest your elastin.
Elastin is a protein found in your connective tissue – and you need it. In fact, according to a recent study, heightened elastase activity can cause several types of health issues beyond premature skin aging and wrinkles.13
So, it’s clear. Progeline can do a lot to help protect your skin against the look of premature aging. Now, of course you can help your body stay strong by eating foods that are rich in protein.14 And, adding them to your skincare regimen will help tremendously too, such as Gundry Firm + Sculpt formula.
There are loads of anti-aging ingredients out there that promise to make your skin look younger, but the research shows, time and time again, that treatments involving progeline have stronger results than those without it.
1. Loing E. Trifluoroacetyl-Tripeptide-2 to Target Senescence for Anti-aging Benefits. Cosmeticsandtoiletriescom. 2013. Accessed January 4, 2017.
2. Progerin, damaged telomeres and aging. Jcsbiologistsorg. 2010. Accessed January 4, 2017.
3. Pacheco L. Progerin expression disrupts critical adult stem cell functions involved in tissue repair. 2014.
4. McIntosh JWebberley D. What is collagen? What does collagen do?. Medical News Today. 2015. Accessed January 4, 2017.
5. Jones K. How to keep your skin looking younger and boost collagen production. mirror. 2016. Accessed January 4, 2017.
6. Components of Cell Adhesion. Mechanobioinfo. 2017. Accessed January 4, 2017.
7. Kaiser H, Ness W, Offers M, O’Keefe E, Kreysel H. Talin: Adherens Junction Protein Is Localized at the Epidermal-Dermal Interface in Skin. 1993.
8. Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream – QMIN Magazine. QMIN Magazine. 2016. Accessed January 4, 2017.
9. The Crazy Ways Your Skin Changes In Your 30s, 40s, 50s, and Beyond. Prevention. 2015. Accessed January 4, 2017.
10. Why does skin wrinkle with age? What is the best way to slow or prevent this process?. Scientific American. 2017. Accessed January 4, 2017.
11. Jones K. How to keep your skin looking younger and boost collagen production. mirror. 2016. Accessed January 4, 2017.
12. News A. From acne-busters to wrinkle-fighters: In-cosmetics shortlists innovative ingredients of the future. Nydailynewscom. 2012. Accessed January 4, 2017.
13. Co.KG K. Elastase – the target of a novel anti-aging strategy to defy skin aging, loss of skin elasticity and wrinkle formation. Dermavidualscom. 2012. Accessed January 4, 2017.
14. Forbes Welcome. Forbescom. 2017. Accessed January 4, 2017.