Get ready! By the time you read about this creamy, indulgent recipe – you’ll likely be drooling. Not only is this dessert absolutely scrumptious, but it’s actually good for you. And you can make it in less than an hour.
Just what makes this Miracle Rice Pudding so good for you?
Well, for starters, it’s full of the following truly beneficial Plant Paradox-friendly ingredients:
Coconut Cream (or Coconut Milk)
Coconuts are one of the most powerful foods on the planet. What makes the coconut so healthy? Well, for one thing, they’re full of medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs).
Turns out, more than half of the oils in coconut are made up of healthy MCFAs. That means they make coconut oil a great source of energy because they’re easier to digest than other fatty acids. Furthermore, they’ve got antimicrobial and anti-fungal properties.
The real benefit, though, is that they supply energy more rapidly than other foods. That’s because MCFAs can be directly absorbed by your intestine. Also, MCFAs don’t take part in the biosynthesis or even transport of cholesterol which allows coconut oil to help protect your heart health.1
Arrowroot powder is used as a thickening agent in plenty of recipes. It’s a special ingredient because of its rich combination of nutrients – like iron and copper. You may already know that these essential minerals are important components of your red blood cells. And that means arrowroot can potentially help prevent iron-deficiency and subsequent feelings of weakness and fatigue.2
Now, Miracle Rice is quickly becoming one of Dr. Gundry’s favorite ingredients to cook with. What is it exactly? Well, the Chinese and Japanese have used shirataki – the main component of Miracle rice – for over 2000 years.
It’s made from the root of the Konnyaku Imo plant. You see, only the soluble fiber of the plant is used, so it’s incredibly low in calories. And much like actual rice, it easily takes on the flavors of the dish you’re making. So, in this case, it absorbs creamy coconut, and cocoa!
And now, I think it’s time to get cooking. So, let’s get started making Dr. Gundry’s soon-to-be-famous…
Miracle Rice Pudding Recipe (Serves 4)
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Click HERE to watch the cooking demo video and see exactly how it’s done. Or, just follow the recipe below:
What You’ll Need –
- 4 to 5 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 2 bags of Miracle Rice
- 3 ½ cups canned unsweetened coconut milk or coconut cream
- 1 tsp ghee or French or Italian butter
- 1 cup Just Like Sugar, or ½ cup Swerve
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 pastured-raised, omega-3, whisked
- 1/4 cup non-alkalized cocoa powder
What To Do –
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Drain the Miracle Rice in a colander and rinse under running water for about a minute. Set aside to drain further. .
- Put arrowroot powder and ½ cup of the coconut milk or cream in a small bowl, and stir to dissolve. Add more arrowroot if necessary.
- In a medium saucepan, place the ghee or butter and the remaining 3 cups coconut milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring to break up any lumps.
- Add the Just Like Sugar, vanilla extract, cocoa powder, egg and finally the drained Miracle Rice.
Add about 1 tbsp of the dissolved arrowroot mixture to the “rice”, stirring to incorporate. Repeat 1 tbsp at a time until you achieve the desired thickness. Add a bit more coconut milk if it seems too thick.
- Lightly grease a baking dish or bowl with butter or ghee. Pour the pudding into the dish.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool a bit before serving or refrigerate and serve cold.
Can you believe that’s really all there is to it? And now you’ve got yourself a creamy, delicious, chocolatey treat that’s good for the whole family.
Want help stocking your pantry with Gundry-approved foods? Visit the online grocery shop for Dr. G’s personally curated products for the lectin-free lifestyle. Click the image to shop now: