It’s here. Summer fun! July! Pool parties. Barbecues. Boat rides. Parades. Picnics. Basically everything fun and good. And summer food!
Fresh salads. Juicy peaches. Avocados. Pasture-raised chicken wings. Grass fed and finished beef burgers. Delicious summer veggies (and fresh fruit, too).
And, as you gear up for your 4th of July parties and potlucks, remember to wow your friends with something old made new again, like…
Dr. Gundry’s Summer Fun (Lectin-free) Potato Salad
What’s so great about this wonderful summer dish? It’s bursting with flavor — and has the same textures as classic potato salad! It really is the perfect addition to any barbecue or evening spread.
And, because Dr. Gundry uses cauliflower instead of potato, you get to serve up all of the great benefits this cruciferous veggie has to offer. So, rest assured, your friends and family will not only eat well, but feel well. Check it out:
Cauliflower may help when it comes to:
- Protecting your body against oxidative damage
- Keeping your heart in great shape
- Detoxifying your body
Additionally, cauliflower is king when it comes to providing nutrients. Just look at all of the vitamins and minerals the cruciferous veggie contains:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
And that’s just the beginning. So, are you ready to whip up this amazing summer side? Let’s get started.
Dr. Gundry’s Summer Fun (Lectin-free) “Potato” Salad
What You’ll Need:
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets and steamed until tender
- 2 turnips, peeled, quartered, and steamed until tender
- 4 hard-boiled omega-3 eggs, chopped (omit if vegan)
- 2 ribs celery, minced
- 1 red onion, minced
- ¼ cup minced dill
- ¼ cup minced parsley
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ cups Gundry-approved mayo, or unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp celery seeds
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Juice of ½ lemon
What to Do:
- In a large bowl, gently toss together your steamed cauliflower, steamed turnips, eggs, celery, onion, dill, and parsley. Set the mix aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mayo or yogurt, mustard, celery seeds, black pepper, sea salt, and lemon juice to make a thick dressing.
- Next, fold the dressing in with the vegetable mix until your veggies are evenly coated — if needed, add a little water or coconut milk to thin it out. And then, it’s ready to go.
In The End…
Summer doesn’t have to be a bummer because you’re living lectin-free. You can serve this summer salad as a flavorful side dish at any barbecue! Your guests will love it — and they won’t even know it’s lectin-free.
Want Some More Amazing “Gundry-Approved” Cauliflower Recipes?:
Dr. Gundry’s Vegan Curry Cauliflower Soup Recipe
Gundry’s Delicious Cauliflower Rice Pilaf (Video)
Grilled Cauliflower Steak Recipe
Want help stocking your pantry with Gundry-approved foods? Visit the online grocery shop for Dr. G’s personally curated products for the lectin-free lifestyle. Click the image to shop now:
All these recipes sound delicious I will write more after I made them . Thank you for sharing