A lectin-free chocolate cake recipe? Not only is it possible… but it’s delicious AND easy!
You know those moments when you just need to give in to temptation? Well, that’s ok – provided you give in the RIGHT way…and that’s why I came up with this decadent recipe in the first place.
When crafting recipes for The Plant Paradox, I wanted to give you the most delicious, flavorful, lectin-free options out there. And, not to toot my own horn, but I wouldn’t pass on a recipe to you if I wasn’t 100% sure it’d delight your taste buds.
This divine treat boasts a symphony of flavors – rich, dark chocolate and savory almonds.
And, it’s ridiculously easy to make. Seriously, you don’t need much more than two small mixing bowls, a fork, and – get this – a microwave. Also, this tempting treat takes just one minute to cook. So, it’s a quick fix to satisfy your sweet tooth.
And, if you happen to be vegan, I’ve got a coconut milk variation that’s as rich and tasty as the original recipe.
So, are you ready to dive into decadence?
Flourless Chocolate & Almond Butter Cake
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 minute / Yield: 1 serving
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (non-alkalized)
- 2 tablespoons Just Like Sugar, Swerve, or xylitol
- 1⁄4 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 large pastured, omega-3 egg or VeganEgg
- 1 tablespoon heavy cow cream or coconut milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salted French, Italian, goat or buffalo butter, goat ghee OR coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon organic smooth or crunchy almond butter
- Put the cocoa powder, sweetener, and baking powder in a small mixing bowl. Using a fork, whisk to combine, and mash up any clumps of baking powder.
- Put the egg, heavy cream, and vanilla extract in another small bowl, and whisk to combine. (Because cream is 100 percent fat, the cow breed doesn’t matter like it does with milk – it’s the protein portion of the milk that is impacted by the casein A-1 mutation in most cows).
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 4-inch-diameter ramekin with the butter. Pour in the batter.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute 20 seconds and remove. Soften the almond butter in the microwave oven, drizzle over the top of the cake, and serve.
VEGAN VERSION: Replace the cow cream with 1 tablespoon coconut milk or coconut cream. Replace the butter with 1 teaspoon coconut oil. Replace the egg with 1 VeganEgg.
Want help stocking your pantry with Gundry-approved foods? Visit the online grocery shop for Dr. G’s personally curated products for the lectin-free lifestyle. Click the image to shop now: