A lectin-free chocolate cake recipe? Not only is it possible… but it’s delicious AND easy!
You know those moments when you just need to give in to temptation? Well, that’s ok – provided you give in the RIGHT way…and that’s why Dr. Gundry came up with this decadent recipe in the first place.
This divine treat boasts a symphony of flavors – rich, dark chocolate and savory almonds.
And, it’s ridiculously easy to make. Seriously, you don’t need much more than two small mixing bowls, a fork, and – get this – a microwave. Also, this tempting treat takes just one minute to cook. So, it’s a quick fix to satisfy your sweet tooth.
And, if you happen to be vegan, there’s a coconut milk variation that’s as rich and tasty as the original recipe.
So, are you ready to dive into decadence?
Flourless Chocolate & Almond Butter Cake
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 minute / Yield: 1 serving
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (non-alkalized)
- 2 tablespoons Just Like Sugar, Swerve, or xylitol
- 1⁄4 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 large pastured, omega-3 egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salted French, Italian, goat or buffalo butter, goat ghee OR coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon organic pistachio or walnut butter
- Put the cocoa powder, sweetener, and baking powder in a small mixing bowl. Using a fork, whisk to combine, and mash up any clumps of baking powder.
- Put the egg, heavy cream, and vanilla extract in another small bowl, and whisk to combine. (Because cream is 100 percent fat, the cow breed doesn’t matter like it does with milk – it’s the protein portion of the milk that is impacted by the casein A-1 mutation in most cows).
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 4-inch-diameter ramekin with the butter. Pour in the batter.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute 20 seconds and remove. Soften the almond butter in the microwave oven, drizzle over the top of the cake, and serve.
VEGAN VERSION: Replace the cow cream with 1 tablespoon coconut milk or coconut cream. Replace the butter with 1 teaspoon coconut oil. Replace the egg with 1 VeganEgg.
Thank you for your interest, below is a link to our delicious Salted Citrus Vegan Blondies Recipe.
Salted Citrus Vegan Blondies Recipe (you won’t believe they’re lectin-free!)
You mentioned once about making brownies with the chocolate complete shake mix, can you give it to me again.
Thank you, Patti
Hello there, you would want to preheat your oven to 350 and bake for 12-18 minutes, following all the instructions in the blog for making the cake. Thank you
Hi! We appreciate your feedback and will do our best to make changes in the future.
I see this has almond butter which has skins which have lectins. so just a lectin light recipe? Or is there skinless almond butter?
Yes, edit the recipe to include the 1 T. heavy cream in list of ingredients
Could you pls advise how to cook this in the oven rather than a microwave? Thanks.
Hi there! The recipe requires 1tbsp of heavy cream. You may find heavy cream at your local grocery store. Thank you!
heavy cream is not in recipe. How much please.
I live in the country where do I fine these items. Not at albertsons.