What better way to fill your home with warmth and happiness this winter than by making satisfying cinnamon-spiced muffins?
These muffins have the holidays written all over them. In no time, your kitchen will smell of holiday spices like cinnamon and nutmeg. And the best part is, these muffins are each under 200 calories.
So, are you ready to start making tasty (lectin-free) Sour Cream Cinnamon Muffins?
Sour Cream Cinnamon Muffins
- 12 muffin liners
- 1-1/8 cups blanched almond flour
- 3/8 cup arrowroot starch
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- 3 Tbsp tapioca flour
- 3/8 cup monk fruit sweetener
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup organic full-fat sour cream or coconut cream (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup melted buffalo, french, or Italian butter (or compliant oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 omega-3 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 Tbsp buffalo, french, or Italian butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp monk fruit sweetener
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with muffin liners.
Thoroughly mix dry ingredients in one bowl. Thoroughly mix wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and fold the two together. Don’t overmix!
- Fill the muffin tins evenly, 2/3 full, and bake for 18 to 20 minutes until the top lightly springs back to the touch.
- Allow the muffins to cool completely.
- In a small bowl combine cinnamon and sweetener for muffin topping.
- Lightly brush finished muffins with butter and dip in cinnamon sweetener mix.
Makes 12 muffins; each: 194 calories, 16.12g fat, 4.23g protein, 2.04g fiber, 9.74g carbs, 7.7g net carbs
Time to Get Baking
So, are you ready to fire up your oven and get these tasty treats ready for friends and family this season? With the holiday spices used in this recipe — and the deliciousness of organic sour cream and Italian or French butter — you can’t go wrong.
Whoever you serve these yummy muffins to will likely want more — and be sure to set some aside for yourself, too. Happy Baking, and Happy Holidays.
**Recipe was submitted by GundryMD superfan Darlene Lindholm and has not been tested by the GundryMD team.