That’s what this time of year is really about. The warmth of your home, the warmth of your friends and family, and the warmth of your favorite foods make the holiday season fun and fulfilling.
And Dr. Gundry’s kale sweet potato recipe not only warms you up, but it is also delicious and healthy. Give the recipe a shot, and enjoy a comforting dish that’s good for you too.
It cooks in just one pan in less than 20 minutes, and it’s flavorful, hearty, and perfect for the fall or winter months. Just check out these powerhouse ingredients:
Sage is a flavorful herb known for its health benefits. In fact, sage has been used as a medicinal food for centuries. In fact, several studies suggest sage can be used in order to help with…
- Protection against oxidative stress
- Defense against free radical damage
- Avoiding bacterial and virus infection
- Treating minor common illnesses
- Relief from depression, obesity, and certain heart health issues1
It may come as no surprise that kale has exceptional nutritional value. And, like many bitter greens, kale is quite high in antioxidants. Kale is also chock full of vitamin C and β-carotene.2
Check Out: Dr G’s Holiday Kale Salad recipe
Not only is the onion one of the most flavorful foods on the planet, its compounds are reported to have a range of health benefits, including:
- Helping to keep your circulatory system healthy and clot-free
- Fighting against symptoms which may be associated with inflammation
- Helping to stop infections caused by bacteria3
The sweet potato is one tasty tuber. It’s also a great natural health aid. In fact, the sweet potato has some serious health-promoting compounds – like β‐carotene and anthocyanins, which have been shown to fight against certain health issues.4
Many confuse sweet potatoes with yams, but they are different. So just be aware. Here’s a yam idea: yam cream for saggy skin.
So, just how do these four powerhouses combine to make a tasty hash? Like this –
Dr. Gundry’s Sage & Sweet Potato Kale Recipe
What You’ll Need –
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups kale, thinly sliced
- 2 ribs celery, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh minced sage
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Garnish: Zest of 1 lemon and/or pomegranate seeds
What To Do –
- Simply heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Next, add in your onion and sweet potatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally until the potatoes are tender.
- Then, add the remaining ingredients, and cook for 4 or 5 minutes until the garlic is fragrant and the kale has wilted. Garnish and…That’s it!
All that’s left to do is serve and enjoy!
When finished cooking, you’ll have a healthy and hearty meal that will warm you on the coldest of winter days.
For more healthy winter-y recipes, check out:
Bean-Free Chili Recipe
Want help stocking your pantry with Gundry-approved foods? Visit the online grocery shop for Dr. G’s personally curated products for the lectin-free lifestyle. Click the image to shop now: