How are you doing so far on your health goals? As I mentioned in a recent blog post, few people (roughly only 8%) never realize their New Year’s resolutions. And that’s because their intentions are short-sighted or too extreme.
I usually tell my patients to avoid making resolutions.
Instead, I advise them to adopt new behaviors that actually result in real solutions to those health or weight loss wishes. Even if you’ve waned on your developing new healthy habits…It’s never too late to begin again.
Or, maybe you just need some encouragement in sticking with those new eating or thinking habits.
That’s why I asked my team at Gundry MD to create original pictures of some of my favorite motivational quotes. They help me stay committed when it comes to attitude, diet and exercise. I hope they will help you too—because your well-being is my number one priority.
In order for these motivational quotes to work and affect real change in your life, you have to read them often. Here are some ways to make sure these inspirational messages stay with you throughout the day:
- Print out your favorites. Tape them to your bathroom mirror, desk or on car dashboard… or all three!
- Save one or more of these images and make it your screensaver on your phone or on your computer.
- To share the inspiration with friends and family (which helps you to remember it too), save the images and share it on your Facebook or Pinterest.
1). In the end, it is important to remember that we cannot become what we need to be by remaining what we are. – Max de Pree
2. It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves. – Anonymous
3. Don’t forget to give up the good to go for the great. – John D. Rockafeller
4. It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop. – Confucious
5. If there is no struggle, there is no progress. – Frederick Douglas
6. Tough times never last, but tough people do. – Dr. Robert Schuller
7. Whether you think you can or you can’t , you’re right. – Henry Ford
8. Happiness is not something readymade, it comes from your own actions. – Dalai Lama
9. Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start now and make a brand new ending. – Carl Bard
10. We generate fears while we sit. We overcome them by action. – Dr. Henry Link
11. Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there. – Will Rogers
12. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. – Lao Tzu
13. Motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going. – Jim Ryon
14. You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. – C.S. Lewis
15. It doesn’t matter where you are coming from. All that matters is where you are going. – Brian Tracy
16. The whole secret of a successful life is to find what one’s destiny to do, and then do it. – Henry Ford
17. The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. – Walt Disney
Which one of these are your favorite? Or do you have a go-to motivational quote you’d like to share with me? Please leave your comment or quote in the section below.
Looking out for you,
Dr. Steven Gundry
P.S. Don’t forget to share these inspirational sayings with your friends and family!