With record-breaking cold temperatures sweeping much of the U.S., Dr. Gundry’s Curried Cauliflower Soup is the recipe you need.
This warm, comforting soup is deceptively creamy, easy to make, and it works well as a hearty vegan dish in the winter.
Not only will this soup warm you from head to toe, it’ll help give your immune system a boost when your body needs it most. Just check out some of the powerhouse ingredients in Gundry’s Curried Cauliflower Soup.
– This cruciferous veggie is mild in its nutty flavor, but very rich in health-promoting phytochemicals. In fact, cauliflower is chock full vitamin A, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, calcium, iron, phosphorus, and good fats that help fend off certain dangerous ailments.1
But, one of cauliflower’s greatest attributes is its vitamin C content. Turns out, a single cup of cauliflower contains about 75 percent of your recommended daily value of vitamin C. Of course, vitamin C is great when it comes to helping reduce inflammation in your body; it also helps support immunity, and it helps keep dangerous bacteria, infections, and common colds at bay. Vitamin C’s antioxidant power can also help defend your body against free radical damage and reduce the severity of allergic reactions.2
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– There are so many reasons to invite more extra virgin olive oil into your diet. For starters, EVOO is low in saturated fat, but it’s high in omega-3 fatty acids. Furthermore, EVOO is super-high in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory polyphenols that aid your heart. It can also help you better absorb vitamins and aid digestion. And did you know extra virgin olive oil can help lower your blood cholesterol levels and even help reduce the risk of various heart health issues?3
– This superhero ingredient can give your dishes real bite with its sweet warmth and spicy kick. For thousands of years, ginger has been a go-to ingredient to help with a bunch of different ailments, like colds, arthritis, migraines, nausea, and high blood pressure. But, ginger might also help reduce your cholesterol and improve the way your body breaks down and stores fat for energy. Because of this special skill, ginger might be a key to helping you decrease your risk of certain cardiovascular concerns.4
And those are just a few of the ways in which some of the ingredients here can help you get through winter. So, are you ready to prepare this healthy, hearty soup? If so, click here to cook along with Dr. Gundry’s video instructions.
Gundry’s Curried Cauliflower Soup (vegan)
What You’ll Need:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 head cauliflower, leaves removed, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 6 cups vegetable or homemade chicken broth
- Sea salt, to taste
- 2 cups full-fat coconut milk
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Coconut yogurt, for garnish
- Toasted, chopped macadamia nuts, for garnish
What to Do:
- First, heat your EVOO in a soup pot. Go ahead and add your onion, garlic, ginger, spices, and cauliflower. Cook, stirring frequently, until the cauliflower begins to brown and the onions are tender.
- Next up, add your chicken broth, coconut milk, and a pinch of sea salt. Reduce the heat to low, and cook, covered, until tender.
- Then, blend the mixture – either with a stick blender or in a high-speed blender. Taste, and adjust the seasoning as you see fit.
- Finally, serve your soup garnished with cilantro, coconut yogurt, and macadamia nuts.
Your friends and family are sure to love this hearty winter soup. It will keep you warm, nourished, and able to face another chilly day.
More delicious recipes to try: