Let’s hear it for the wonders of the internet! I have to confess, one of my favorite pastimes is collecting cookbooks and perusing recipe food blogs. You never know what great tips and recipes you’ll find or who you’ll meet. So when I came across a new (to me) blog called NutureMyGut.com by Ester Perez, I was excited… because her recipes are great! And today, I want to share one I think you’ll love.
You know, people are always asking me about substitutes for carbs. When we talk about The Plant Paradox, I hear a lot of, “Well, what about popcorn? How about corn chips? I miss crackers!” So, when I read Ester’s fabulous new recipe for fresh baked lectin-free pita chips… I knew I had to share her recipe with you. It’s perfect for when you crave a crunchy snack!
I bet you’re ready for that tasty lectin-free Pita Chip recipe… so here it is –
Yield: Makes up to 4 servings / 10 minutes to prep + 10 minutes to bake
What you’ll need –
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion granules
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons egg whites (from 1 large egg)
What to do –
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk dry ingredients until all lumps are removed. Add egg whites and mix well. Form a disk with dough.
3. Roll dough between 2 large sheets of parchment paper to 1/8” thin. Cut triangles using a pizza cutter.
4. Gently separate the pieces so they do not touch using a very flat spatula.
5. Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly golden. Allow to cool. Serve with tomato-free guacamole.
More About Ester Perez, founder of NutureMyGut.com
Ester really does do it all. She’s a busy mom, blogger, and holistic health coach. She’s entirely committed to helping people learn to make tasty and creative grain-free foods to nurture their guts. According to Ester, her goal is to help folks make healing foods that taste great. And how I relate to that mission! Ester started her “food as medicine” journey due to health challenges she faced at a young age. When the pills her doctor gave made her feel worse, she sought out other ways to treat her illness. Since then, she’s been on a amazing path of healing herself and those around her with a natural approach. Keep up the amazing work, Ester!
For more tips on eating for longevity and vitality, keep reading here: